Just saw "The Killing Joke" and.....

I'm a fan of Batman....the Dark Knight....he makes us believe in the power of human will and desire. There are pretty much 4 versions of him in tv and film.  The detective combing over evidence and using his intelligence and wits to dissect crimes....think CSI: Gotham.  Then you have to warrior, the guy who punches people in the face and strikes fear in the hearts of criminals without killing anyone...Then there's the tortured son of Gotham..., "My parents died and I will struggle with that forever ad it will drive me to punch people in the face and detect things....These 3 were displayed well in the Gotham Knights series.  Then you have the fourth one...the humanitarian, I'm not sure how else to describe it...the guy who cares and makes out with his protege and gets caught off guard and works with the police like he's on the payroll.  I hate that guy.  Batman has to be the most skewed superhero in our era because they try to use him is so many ways simultaneously.  But I get it, he's top 5 so you have to market him to the end of time...it's capitalism at it's finest...but that doesn't mean I have to like it....I'm ranting...I know...but if you can't rant in your own blog....anyway.

The Killing Joke was a goods idea but they made Barbara Gordon into a jilted high school girl instead of a strong superhero...heroine?  And they treated Batman like a guy who has sexual weaknesses when that goes against his discipline and code.  It was impulsive...and that's just not how he works...ever.  It really bother me that they let him give in like that.  Then there's the ending...I read the graphic novel so I knew what to expect but it didn't play well on screen and even worse as a cartoon...It just felt like Joker was going to stab him when he was laughing hence like the joke he was telling him to make him laugh....UGH!!  I just didn't care for it...and where were my action scenes and gadgets and kung fu skills....sigh!!  Disappointing...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Superman Wonder Woman thing

What I like about Donald Trump

Chicago: The Killing Fields